Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encounters with people after working magick towards them

Hello forum,

I've recently noticed a pattern with my magickal workings where I've had out-of-the-blue encounters with people I've worked offensive magick rituals towards. Due to the pandemic quarantine, it's been social media happenings lately.

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not involved in anything really dark, but the rituals were related to a vinegar jar and petition burning in a mini cauldron. All have been lawful towards people who wronged me in some way.

The first instance was receiving a message from someone I hadn't heard from in a year, merely 14 hours after working a vinegar jar against them. (I do not call on any dark spirits, used my raw emotion.) They tried to drop me a line they thought I wanted to hear, but I know it was untrue and never responded to them.

Second instance was writing and burning a small petition for a person to stay out of my life, and noticing they blocked me or archived/moved our old conversation to their spam folder the very next day.

The third was also related to burning a petition for a former manager who had treated me badly, and about a week or so later this person showed up in my friend suggestions. No mutual friends and I haven't looked at their profile in probably six months.

Has anyone else noticed things like this happening after their magickal workings? Like the ripple effect of the energy sent out is causing the person to reflect on a situation perhaps. I feel very confident in these rituals working from what I've observed.

I understand these types of magick make some practitioners uncomfortable, and I would appreciate not to be ostracized for sharing this.
    Last edited by Serena542; 25 Jun 2020, 05:52. Reason: Missed detail

Re: Encounters with people after working magick towards them

People might be reaching out, even to people that they haven't had the best relationships with in past...and particularly on social media, due to the social isolation of our current predicament.

It would be more generous to assume that others are capable of reflection and change, than that your magic has compelled their behavior, wouldn't it?

Comment

Two out of three have no reason to want to socialize with me, did you miss the part about one of them not speaking to me for a year and only messaging me to lie? Not to mention a cutthroat manager. I'm not going to assume the best about these people because they've shown me who they are.

There are no coincidences in magick.

Comment

I'm really not sure there's any moral high ground to be had given the context.

Ultimately, my question wasn't really about them. It's about what other conclusions you might reach, as a good person, about other people and why they do the things they do. I just don't know that I would go that way with something as mundane as people pinging me on social media and wondered what other possibilities you may have considered.

- - - Updated - - -

-For example, and to be specific...

You hadn't heard from someone in a year, and right around when you started thinking about them, enough to curse them, they appear to have been thinking about you.

In the next instance you were thinking about someone enough to cast a spell meant to keep them out of your life, and then found out that they were thinking pretty much the same thing about you - they deleted you.

In the third, while you were...again, thinking about someone enough to curse them for having treated you poorly, they appear to have been thinking about you as well.

I'm wondering how you go from those events described, to the notion that this magic that you're working, well, works? I'd have other questions too, questions about whether.,..assuming it did work, it was really the best expression of who you were as a person. If it were healthy, for you or for them. You don't have to answer any of them, obviously.

Comment

In the second case, you want them out of your life, you work a ritual and they block you. Presuming that the ritual worked, it could simply have worked by convincing them that they don't want you in their life and taking steps to cut you out. I'm not actually sure this needs analysis. You don't want to deal with them and apparently the feeling is now mutual so you probably won't have to deal with them.

In the third case, was it a friend request from their account or a suggestion from the site. Site suggestions are automated, require no input from the party being suggested and can occasionally work on very aggressive algorithms. A website algorithm linking you to another person is not evidence of any behavior on their part at this time. If it's a friend request from their account then that's another matter because it involves knowledge and a choice on their part.

I really don't have a solid opinion on the first case. Maybe your working had a ripple effect, maybe something else did. I don't see strong evidence to support or deny a theory of any sort here.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That's pretty much where I'm at too.

I know that you asked whether any of us have had similar experiences, OP, if any of us have ever noticed what we do working - and to that I'd say, certainly, yes. I probably don't see these things the same way that you do, which probably doesn't help me to understand what you're saying.

I engage in a wide range of ritual behaviors meant to influence the people around me, and they do.

Comment

Meh, when I do "sending away" workings, the recipients generally go away. A few of the more persistent take a double dose, then they go away. But that's just me.
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                Meh, when I do "sending away" workings, the recipients generally go away. A few of the more persistent take a double dose, then they go away. But that's just me.
                Mine just turn out weird. They work but the universe decides to express a sense of humor when enacting them. The most clear cut examples being an occult bookstore that was run by a moderately predatory creep suddenly being replaced by a Christian bookstore the next summer and the guy who was physically abusive of a handicapped friend of mine suddenly deciding in a fit of temper, "pounding on a guy in a wheelchair works out fine so it's perfectly safe getting physical with a pissed off, on-duty cop. There's no possible way this will backfire..."
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Your spell included your intentions and your energy. It has drawn attention to you. For one reason or another the spell itself may failed, but that connection was still formed and you came into their mind. Just because they aren't practitioners, doesn't mean they don't have intuition or sensitivity. It may also be that this reaching out is a mid point to your spell, allowing something closer to your intent to manifest, or giving you a resounding opportunity to firmly break things off yourself. There are many reasons that a spell fails, and yes I may say that there *are* coincidences in magic, but throwing something at someone can get their attention, even if you miss, and especially if that thing is a brick.
                  Circe

Comment

Nowhere did I ask for anybody's input on whether my rituals worked, that is for me to determine. I didn't come here to be met with naysaying in a supposed "safe space" for these sorts of things. Just because you don't understand my personal experience doesn't mean you have to act dismissive towards my practice. I've specifically stated for people to put their moral judgement aside and share if they'd had similar experiences.

-MaskedOne The situations with the first and second mentioned don't need analysis, however, taking random algorithms into account makes sense for the third.

-Corvus I'm interested in this idea of the other party responding, as if the universe's way of "meeting me halfway."

Comment

Serena542,

Interesting, you come here asking if we've had similar experiences then get upset when we respond. It seems all you wanted was a simple yes or no answer. Yet none of us will ever give such an answer for it fails you and belittles us to do so. Our answers contain the yes or no within the possibilities we suggest as potential reasons for your results / conclusions. Realistically most of us will never except blind results to our own castings and always look to the "hows" and "whys" of what happened. Even if we achieved positive results, we strive to get better or understand our workings.

To be honest all three of your situations indicate to me higher level focus of your mind only. Yet you fail to recognize the lower level connections and sideways thinking that your own mind utilizes to store memories and connections. It's like this very discussion here is a lateral line of attachment to those very people you've said your trying to detach from. So much for your jar spell and its effectiveness. You've reconnected to them in your own active mind again and re-enforced the lateral lines that were already established that were never severed.

Just in the process of preparing your jar spell you not only recharge the main connection your recharge all the lateral connection. People forget your connected to those targets not only directly but also via anyone that you may have shared a connection to them with. That doesn't even touch the idea of "Physical Space" connections such as buildings, locations, etc that are triggers that will automatically initiate those lateral triggers. That or lateral people triggers that also initiate and activate them. Even your target person can be a lateral trigger since your own focus upon them can be an unconscious trigger on their part and cause a return energy back at you.

And yes I've experienced most of it or some variation of it in my early workings when I thought I knew what I was doing but really had no clue.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Interesting, you come here asking if we've had similar experiences then get upset when we respond. It seems all you wanted was a simple yes or no answer. Yet none of us will ever give such an answer for it fails you and belittles us to do so. Our answers contain the yes or no within the possibilities we suggest as potential reasons for your results / conclusions. Realistically most of us will never except blind results to our own castings and always look to the "hows" and "whys" of what happened. Even if we achieved positive results, we strive to get better or understand our workings.
                        I would be more willing to accept constructive criticism if I hadn't been met with such condescension, your answer included. So no, I'm not receptive to most of the feedback I've gotten. I do not appreciate being belittled by people who make assumptions about my practice and my character based on one facet of information I've provided.

My bio might say "newbie" but I'm quite experienced
                        Last edited by Serena542; 26 Jun 2020, 02:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Serena542 View Post

Two out of three have no reason to want to socialize with me, did you miss the part about one of them not speaking to me for a year and only messaging me to lie? Not to mention a cutthroat manager. I'm not going to assume the best about these people because they've shown me who they are.
                          You were the one who started being condescending. You are bound to be met by a similar resistance if you outright are defensive from the get-go. (Unless my non-native English speaker limitations are kicking in and I'm reading this the wrong way). I didn't personally notice anyone being outright condescending towards you.

There are no coincidences in magick.
                          That is your own belief. In the future try to state it as in "I don't believe in coincidences in magick". Otherwise people will assume you're stating that as a general truth. In which case they will try to debate that, if they disagree.

Nowhere did I ask for anybody's input on whether my rituals worked, that is for me to determine.
                          While I agree that only you can determine if your rituals worked, this is still a forum, and people will share and compare their experience to yours. That is how discussion is born and advancement of a topic is achieved.

I didn't come here to be met with naysaying in a supposed "safe space" for these sorts of things. Just because you don't understand my personal experience doesn't mean you have to act dismissive towards my practice.
                          There's a S.A.F.E. category in the forum explicitly for this.

I've specifically stated for people to put their moral judgement aside and share if they'd had similar experiences.
                          That's what people did. We all add a bit of our experience to our answer, if you were expecting a yes or no answer, a forum might not be the best place to go IMHO. Sometimes we seek confirmation that what we experience is also shared by other people, which is fine and natural, but assuming people will filter themselves to just answer with a yes or no answer, with no nuance or details of their experience (and, willingly or not, compare it to yours) is not very just on your part. Otherwise forums would be a bunch of exactly the same thread, with different author, with only Yes or No answers below the original post. No discussion or interest in that, isn't it?
                          I would be more willing to accept constructive criticism if I hadn't been met with such condescension, your answer included. So no, I'm not receptive to most of the feedback I've gotten. I do not appreciate being belittled by people who make assumptions about my practice and my character based on one facet of information I've provided.
                          No one is belittling you. We are sharing our experiences, comparing it to yours to find similarities and differences, and expanding on it.

And now that's off my chest, let me answer to your OP on your terms: Yes.

Here's my experience and details, which I'm posting for anyone who cares about a delusional Satanist's wrongdoings: (DISCLAIMER: there are as many Satanisms as they are Satanists, no two of us are the same, this is just MY Satanism's point of view and experience)

Vengeance through magic (or not) is a topic often discussed in Satanism. It has a lot of nuance to it, in fact. Not turning the other cheek is generally a rule of thumb for most of our practitioners. The usage of magic or not depends of how much of an instant gratification the practitioner is seeking when conducting his act of vengeance. Some will combine both. We need no moral justification for our acts other than our own peace of mind, which is a good indicator that we're not breaking any of our own moral values, or that we are psycopaths.

Personally, I've conducted acts of vengeance twice in my life. Both successful, IMHO. The first one I did through communion with Demons of my personal "pantheon" in which I asked simply for something to prevent my target from doing what made them happy. Causing moderate carpal tunnel to a passionate graphic designer/digital artist was certainly satisfying. The second one, after suffering a double betrayal by a very close "friend" and an ex-partner (who wasn't an ex at the time of the betrayal), was focused on their own toxicity. I knew both for several years, and I knew how toxic and manipulative they could both be in a relationship. Using only my raw emotion, passion and anger, I desired to bind them by blood. And by blood they were bound: "blessed" with a child, daughter of their betrayal against me. And mind you, she was using an IUD at the time of conception. Now they live both unemployed, in one of their parent's house, leeching off them, and money from the government (though this last part doesn't matter to me personally, for I too live off government money at the moment. However I do know that is definitely something they mind).

Those times were wild.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

It's incredibly condescending to believe that a jar full of vinegar and angst can make other people do anything.

Comment

Before anyone freaks out, I'm not involved in anything really dark, but the rituals were related to a vinegar jar and petition burning in a mini cauldron. All have been lawful towards people who wronged me in some way.
                              Pfft, some of us are Satanists and Demonolators and other treaders of the LHPs. Most of us have worked execration magick of some description at some point in time and many of us are also experienced in defensive magick and curse/hex breaking. You're unlikely to receive much in the way of overly judgemental criticism against your personal ethics and boundaries here. If any long-standing PF members do judge you, it will be on your actions and words here, on this forum, in response to our interactions with you. Your magick is your business. But the way you interact with us is our business .

I've recently noticed a pattern with my magickal workings where I've had out-of-the-blue encounters with people I've worked offensive magick rituals towards.
                              As an experienced practitioner I'm sure you know that working magick towards someone can create energetic ties to them, ESPECIALLY when there are strong emotions, trauma or high angst wrapped up in it. Not to mention the energetic ties that already exist between any two people who have interacted. That's why most good execration magick involves poppets, mirrors, servitors or other techniques that create an alternative energetic anchor... they prevent the formation of these energetic bonds, give you something to transfer existing energetic ties onto and help protect you from whatever energy or intention might bounce back at you.

So yes, you can absolutely have sudden 'out of the blue' encounters with people you work magick towards if you haven't taken adequate steps to prevent it. That's how energetic ties work.

And as a side note (at the risk of setting you off into further unwarranted defensiveness and inviting an accusation of condescension)... this is exactly why a lot of experienced practitioners caution against retribution style workings when there is lots of emotional baggage involved. It's not about the ethics of the working... but the potential undesirable side effects. If you truly want to remove a person's energy and influence from your life, then magick that cuts ties and blocks influence is far more reliable and far more effective, with a very low risk of forming or increasing unhealthy energetic bonds. Using raw emotion to work offensive magick can be powerful but it's extremely risky with big potential for bounce-back... which is what you are seeing here with two of your workings. That's not to say that you shouldn't do it... just that it's not the safest and most effective method to use, and there might be unwanted consequences.

Comment

Working...
                              X