Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Haha what? I have no idea! This is totally news to me. Let me check with my partner, who is from the land of maple syrup. I've never lived in an area with sugar maple trees.

Maple syrup might be on the black market, but I feel like having a reserve of syrup may be a joke. I'm curious now too! I'll find out.
    If you have Netflicks the documentary is called Dirty Money and its the last episode, KP thinks its called "The Great Maple Hyste." That whole series was about some pretty terrible people and how they screw millions of people out of millions of dollars, and then we get to the last episode and its about maple syrup and was incredibly hard to take serious.

Regardless let me know! The reserve for the maple syrup is so they can control the market not because Canada is worried about running out of it. Kinda like the oil reserves at least that's how I took it.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

After 5 years, I bit the bullet and got a new phone. I didn't realize EXACTLY how slow and clunky the old one had become! It's kinda like life, as we age - you just deal with a few little things that don't work quite the way they used to, and bit by bit everything grinds to a halt. Anyway, I hope this one lasts as long. By the time I'm ready for the next one, I guess the foldable 5G will be common (or there'll be accordion-fold 6 or 7 or whatever G LOL)
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'd really like to see this Golden Age vs. Technology discussion made into a separate thread...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm not opposed to the topic but I think it will be better served by starting over with a fresh OP. Hopefully one designed to mitigate my ability to say, "food distribution fails and tens of millions die," because I'm pretty sure that wasn't the discussion intended by that tangent.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Done. : http://paganforum.com/showthread.php...975#post242975

Comment

Hey everybody I'm working the receptionist all day today and I'm working an extra hour by 9 AM to 4 PM.

Comment

I dont want to clean or put the groceries away. T_T Isn't there another adult who can adult for me?
                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                  I dont want to clean or put the groceries away. T_T Isn't there another adult who can adult for me?
                  You're not taking care of your responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    Shhhhh we don't talk about that. ^_~
                    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                      You were goofing off online at work around 1:00 PM today. Eastern time. :XD:
                      Though to be fair, you could very well have been on your lunch break haha.
                      Last edited by Sollomyn; 25 Mar 2019, 16:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
                        You were goofing off online at work around 1:00 PM today. Eastern time. :XD:
                        Though to be fair, you could very well have been on your lunch break haha.
                        No I didn't.

Comment

Just posted my first add advertising my photography services on a musician site... worst bit about being self employed is all this self promotion I have to do I hate it.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            Just posted my first add advertising my photography services on a musician site... worst bit about being self employed is all this self promotion I have to do I hate it.
                            Good luck! I'm not sales-y either, and that's a big part of why I've never really taken a big dive into that kind of thing.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Good luck! I'm not sales-y either, and that's a big part of why I've never really taken a big dive into that kind of thing.
                              thanks I'm not really salesy, but I'm stubborn and pretty good at pretending I know what I'm doing xD
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Yeah - I hated the self promotion thing, too. Unfortunately, being in business for yourself means you're production, advertising, distribution, and accounting.

I'm planting my seeds this week - I won't be able to move them outside until mid-May or early June up here on the 45 parellel.

Also, I won a decent microscope in an on line aution, so I'm also stocking up on petri dishes and agar, and a few other mad scientist toys
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X