Religious self-identification...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious self-identification...

Just for fun (so don't nitpick :P)--How do you primairly identify in terms of belief in deity?
    Atheist
    0%
    Non-theist
    0%
    Agnostic
    0%
    Pantheist
    0%
    Panentheist
    0%
    Deist
    0%
    Monotheist
    0%
    Duotheist
    0%
    Soft polytheist
    0%
    Hard polytheist
    0%
    Humanist
    0%
    Misotheist/antitheist
    0%
    More than one of these (please elaborate in comments)
    0%
    None of these (please elaborate in comments)
    0%
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Religious self-identification...

Eldritch Horror/Jedi/Inquisitor/Schizo/Cultist of the Great God Pizza

Please don't ask how to fit all of those in one label. Humans generally don't like the answer :cthulhu:
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Atheist + panentheist. There are no literal gods, but there is godhood in all and everything.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hedge Pantheist....all is divine, but not all is physical. I usually don't even bother explaining. People get this glazed look, like a donut.

Comment

Anyone with my eye problems should never dive into this... thus Misotheist/antitheist came out as 'misguided antichrist' to me.

But I always identify as a solitary pagan witch. Solitary cos I work alone, pagan (because it allows me so much scope - and my path is always taking me to new places) and witch cos that's what I am and do.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Panthiestic Animistic Hard Polytheist Kemetic, Flamekeeper, with some side complications. That's my religious identification, thus far. lol I should probably change that on my label. <.<

It kind of gives a "Wtf", but it all kind of... flows together?
            Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by InspiringRaine View Post
              Panthiestic Animistic Hard Polytheist Kemetic, Flamekeeper, with some side complications. That's my religious identification, thus far. lol I should probably change that on my label. <.<

It kind of gives a "Wtf", but it all kind of... flows together?
              If one reads it slowly and carefully then it makes sense. I'm a hard polytheist Kemetic. I don't think it's about to change soon.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Apatheist.

One God, two Gods, all the Gods or none at all - I don't care, lalalalalala!
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I would go with Oph on this one,though with a little ancient alien wonder mixed in,cause the grays might just want the planet back sometime....Seems we are late with the rent AGAIN!!!!
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                    Apatheist.

One God, two Gods, all the Gods or none at all - I don't care, lalalalalala!
                    What's an Apatheist?
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Apathy I believe,like whatever.......
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Aah, ok. Thanks, anu.

Comment

If someone asks me, I usually say "pantheist"...but really...my view on deity is more like... intellectually agnostic, emotionally pantheist, and functionally soft polytheist.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                            What's an Apatheist?
                            I am apathetic about the existence or non-existence of deity.

I'm apparently not an orthodox Apatheist because while I don't care about anyone else's religion, I do care about how religious folk treat other people in regards to their relgion. But the focus isn't so much on what they believe as it is on how they express their beliefs. I'm an Ethical Apatheist.

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Question, how are you distinguishing atheist from non-theist?
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X